Call For Application: PHD Student Short-Term Fellowship 2022
The Centre for the study of the Economies of Africa (CSEA) invites applicants for a short-term fellowship in its Macroeconomic Management Programme. The fellowship will span from November 2022 – July 2023. The selected applicant will join the COVID-19 Macroeconomic Policy Responses in Africa (COMPRA) team. The COMPRA project was
initiated following a call by the International Development Research Centre for rapid response policy research to the COVID-19 pandemic. The project’s overall goal is to inform macroeconomic policy development in response to the coronavirus pandemic by low- and middle-income countries, and development partners. It also calls for more climate-resilient and gender-responsive measures through evidence-based research.
- Contribute to a peer-reviewed journal article (either co-written with the mentor/team working at CSEA)
-Produce two individually or co-written media articles on COMPRA outputs in Nigeria
- Contributing to monitoring, evaluation and programme reporting
- Assist with the arrangement of the dissemination events in Nigeria relating to the COMPRA activities.
● Proof of Enrolment in a PhD programme in a Nigerian Institution.
● Comprehensive CV with prior verified qualifications.
● Strong interest in undertaking research within Macroeconomic Policy and related areas. Such as Finance, Fiscal policy, Monetary policy, and Environmental Economics.
● Knowledge of mathematical modelling would be an advantage.
● Experience writing reports & publications.
● Ability to communicate fluently in English (in speaking and writing).
All applications should be sent on or before 12:00 AM (midnight) 5th October 2022. Please
ensure to submit a complete application to avoid rejection.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit the following to email@example.com
● Comprehensive CV.
● Letter of motivation stating why you believe you would be a suitable candidate for the fellowship
● Recommendation letter from your thesis advisor.